What hardware do you use?
Because we have facilities at multiple hosting companies, we use a range of hardware.
We do not use “cloud computing.” Cloud environments mean very slow disks and shared CPUs, neither of which provide the performance we demand of ourselves.
Please note we’re constantly experimenting with new hardware and new configurations, so this is subject to change without notice. Well, hopefully you notice the performance improvement.
- CPU – Dual Xeon 5620 DQC 2.4Ghz, w/ HT, quad-core (i.e. 16 effective processors)
- Disk – Intel X25-M (Solid State Drive)
- Firewall – Juniper SSG-140
- Load Balancer – Pair of Brocade ADX in active-active mode (high-availability)
- Hardware RAID – LSI 9260-8i (8-port)
- SAN storage – Dell EqualLogic PS6500 Series